Thursday 29 March 2012

Monika Grzymala

I was browsing through artwork created by just using lines and other geometrical shapes when I came across some unusual work by an artist called Monika Grzymala. The pieces produced are three dimensional, in exhibitions and are very abstract, one of my favorites being the creation, Miles and Miles of Sticky Tape, pictured above. They are usually black and white, very rarely are they made in color, except for a few examples. I like the contrast between the blacks and the whites, and the way in which it can be viewed in any direction, giving off a different idea from every angle. I would like to create something similar to her work, except with more guidance and less of the wildness. My work will also be two dimensional and created using a digital format, to assist the desired conformity.

No comments:

Post a Comment