Friday 30 March 2012

Final Inkjet

My final inkjet piece. I am, overall, very happy with how this image was turned out. I was told by my lecturer how to use the blending options in Photoshop, this allowed me to create the different opacities throughout the piece. A fair deal of the color I put into this image in the first place has been removed, the drawing of the house being more visible, but most has been sustained and resides above the building sketch. Even though it's my final, I didn't spend much time combining the geometric shapes and the drawing together. I thought about adding something more but quickly decided that it would get too busy and cluttered. I think I have achieved something which is of a psychedelic, brightly colored nature but does not verge on the edge of being tacky. It could be said to be a mixture of Rachel Duckhouse and Monika Grzymala's geometric / line work with the architectural drawings of Mies Van der Rohe. I am very pleased with the result and would like to do more of this style.

No comments:

Post a Comment